Lead

Aug 29 05 8:56 PM

Tags : :

I've gone through all of the forum's settings and updated them to be more suited to our current needs. You may notice that you have gained and lost privillages and that your forum rank is different. Hopefuly these changes are for the best and allow the community to communicate more efficently through these forums. More changes are expected over the next few days.

~Me

Vist my <a href="http://cody.noobify.com">personal website...</a> or else!<br><br>
Cody Somerville

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Aug 30 05 6:04 AM

QUOTE (NegatiVe @ Aug 30 2005, 05:34 AM)
I think I lost a star... Anyways, as Ed says, we've needed you these last weeks.

Yeah, since the community has been around for a long time it was time to move up the required number of posts so that the whole communuity isn't at the top. This will happen every once in awhile but I'll try to keep it to a min.

Thank you for the kind words, guys

~Me

Vist my <a href="http://cody.noobify.com">personal website...</a> or else!<br><br>
Cody Somerville

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

May 10 06 12:56 AM

Hey all,

Not to sound like a whiney heifregier (here it goes) but every time I try to play this game (which is all friggin day, though since i'm in the eastern U.S. the only time i see players online is 2:15pm and 5:30am) no one is willing to help. I ask how i'm doing, players tell my i suck, and when i say "how do i get better," or "who should i ask for advice", they say, just play "shiev" and i'll get better. Now from the stories i am sure he is a master. But since most players are based out of Europe I don 't get a chance to practice... at all... and we all no that "practice mode" doesn't help worth a crap, because the comp is predictable, and players aren't.... so... that being said....

Since you all are on the other side of the world, and i am addicted to this game (and unfortunatly i am apparently addicted to losing as well...) If anyone is willing to take me under their wing and give me some basic advice, and play against me, i would much appreciate it. I don't give a damn what time it is, as long as someone can play, hell, i'm making this post at 10mins to 6am US eastern time... so that should say enough. I have told everyone I know about this game (in hopes to recruit more US timezone players,) but if anyone is willing to throw advice my way, or even just play me and kick my bigaloop till i learn, it would be much appreciated.

You can contact me at agojanovich@rcn.com

To all the loyal players from the new guy,
Thanks.
-Adam

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

May 10 06 1:13 AM

Well, I can't promise anything, but if I meet you online I'll be sure to kick your biga-- sorry I mean help you out.

To feed good generals, you need good food. To grow good food, you need good pastures. To capture good pastures, you need good generals.

"...but should law be a contract with a criminal to deliver a certain sentence in exchange for the delivery of a certain crime?" - Edward de Bono

Open your mind and watch the legions of despair pour in.

Air conditioning blows, vacuum cleaners suck, and lightbulbs get screwed.

Everyone who doesn't agree with me actually does agree with me, they're just too scared to face up to a reality that could possibly contain something as foreign to them as an agreement with me, of all people.

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

May 10 06 7:51 AM

Myoclonic, I didn't tell you to play shiev, I was talking with MrShhH, not you.
Anyways, I'd be glad to kick your bigaloop now and then. I think I'm going to start playing this game regularly again.

Quote    Reply   

#14 [url]

May 12 06 5:23 PM

Hmm... I think you will make a fine pupil
You'll be a master by the end of the week. I'm going to see if I can get you to beat Badguy in a one on one by the end of the week, how's that?

Quote    Reply   

#17 [url]

May 14 06 10:45 AM

Ill see you around and help you out if your on. I'll be playing most of today so just stop by the chat room

Paintball anyone? If you ever thought about it or want to buy some gear go to www.domussilvae.ca check the forums out while your there. I'm still sweet_shot of the forums.

Quote    Reply   

#19 [url]

Jan 16 10 11:10 PM

It sounds like you are talking about Gate 88 (and so does the forum itself) so could you tell me why i cant play a LAN game with my bro. I think we may have the same installation because i copied the same file he is using to my computer so that i did not have to reinstall it again. could that be a problem? cause i have an really good internet connection (it can run both computers and my xbox without lag). i am kind of new to the online gaming communities

Quote    Reply   

#20 [url]

Jan 17 10 10:21 AM

I don't think the problem is a copied file or the speed of your internet connection. Although I don't know any specifics, I'd guess your problem has to do with the first part of step 2 or Note1 in this guide on making a server. Basically, from what I know, if you're using a router, you have to go to the settings for it and "port forward" port 29887, if you want your game to be joinable by people around the world. Looking up "port forwarding" may help, as the method of doing it varies from router to router. In general though, you'll probably need the person that set up the router, because routers often require a username and password to make changes.

A lot of people seem to find "port forwarding" difficult, or more often impossible, because they're working in a position where they can't reach or can't convince the person that set up the router or network. Since you're on the same LAN, however, it may be possible to use Known Address Connection as Note1 mentions in order to avoid having to do port forwarding. You can find the number (actually series of four numbers separated by periods) that you need to put into there by running cmd on the computer (of the non-hosting player) and then typing ipconfig in there. One of the "numbers" on there will be the one you have to type in: it may start similarly to the one listed for "default gateway". I'm not sure how well this will work, or if it will work at all, for you, though it worked for me about ten minutes ago when I tested it on my network.

P.S. If you're going to ask a question like this, it's better to start a new topic for it in a relevant forum, like this one, instead of posting it on an ancient, unrelated topic where the last person the last person before you posted more than three years ago.

P.P.S. This isn't much of an "online gaming community" anymore, since so few people play anymore. Don't be surprised if people don't reply to your posts, because barely anyone logs on to the forums either. There are a few people interested in playing the game online again (including me), but often issues (like the problem with "port forwarding") stop them from making joinable servers. Do note that one person is going to be putting up a server tonight at around 8:00 PM EST (Eastern Standard Time) - you may want to get on Gate 88 then and see if you can join their server. I may not be able to make it to that server tonight because of travel reasons, unfortunately.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help